What happened in the reproducible builds effort between March 27th and April 2nd:
- Emmanuel Bourg uploaded ant/1.9.6-2 which makes the Tstamp task support the
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHvariable, and the Javadoc task use
enas the default locale if none was specified and
The following packages have become reproducible due to changes in their build dependencies: ctioga2, erlang-bitcask, libcommons-collections3-java, libjgoodies-animation-java, libjide-oss-java, octave-gsl, octave-interval, octave-io, octave-quaternion, octave-signal, octave-stk, segment, service-wrapper-java, sqlline, svnkit, uddi4j, velocity-tools.
The following packages became reproducible after getting fixed:
- angular.js/1.3.20-3 uploaded by Laszlo Boszormenyi, patch by Dhole.
- boa-constructor/0.6.1-16 by Reiner Herrmann.
- fgetty/0.7-1 by Dmitry Bogatov.
- hexchat/2.12.0-1 uploaded by Jesse Rhodes, fixed upstream.
- littlewizard/1.2.2-4 uploaded by Kari Pahula, original patch by Reiner Herrmann.
- logback/1:1.1.6-1 by Emmanuel Bourg.
- pcsxr/1.9.94-2 by James Cowgill.
- pybtex/0.19-2 by Daniel Stender.
- python-structlog/16.0.0-1 by Filippo Giunchedi.
- sbmltoolbox/4.1.0-3 by Afif Elghraoui, original patch by Reiner Herrmann.
- tiles/2.2.2-7 by Emmanuel Bourg.
Some uploads fixed some reproducibility issues, but not all of them:
- dash/0.5.8-2.2 uploaded by Niels Thykier, original patch by Lunar.
- gle-graphics/4.2.5-4 by Christian T. Steigies.
- prospector/0.11.7-6 by Daniel Stender.
- therion/5.3.16-10 by Wookey.
- vim/2:7.4.1689-1 uploaded by James McCoy, original patch by Reiner Herrmann.
Patches submitted which have not made their way to the archive yet:
- #783239 on kexec-tools by Lunar: follow-up patch to cope with locale variations.
- #819347 on starvoyager by Sascha Steinbiss: sort the list of input object files.
- #819352 on xpdf by Sascha Steinbiss: sort the list of linked object files.
- #819512 on breeze by Dhole: force grep to treat all files as text to avoid locale-related issues.
- #819726 on ckbuilder by boyska: add support for
- #819767 on libtool by rain1: removes extra timestamps from the build system, ensure a stable file order when creating the source archive, and replace uses of the
hostnamecommand with the fixed string “localhost”.
The i386 builders are now testing packages on i386 for reproducibility. It will probably take 4 weeks until everything has been build twice, on this arch. (h01ger)
52 reviews have been removed, 24 added and 4 updated in the previous week.
Chris Lamb reported 13 new FTBFS.
This week’s edition was mostly written by Lunar, with some help by Reiner Herrmann and h01ger.