What happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between May 29th and June 4th 2016:
Ed Maste will present Reproducible Builds in FreeBSD at BDSCan 2016 in Ottawa, Canada on June 11th.
GSoC and Outreachy updates
- Satyam blogged about his first experiences hacking on diffoscope.
- Ceridwen wrote about her first steps on reprotest, which now has a git repo.
- Paul Gevers uploaded fpc/3.0.0+dfsg-5 with a new helper script fp-fix-timestamps, which helps with reproducibility issues of PPU files in freepascal packages.
- Sascha Steinbiss uploaded a patched version of epydoc to our experimental repository to test a patch for the use_epydoc issue.
Other upstream fixes
The following 53 packages have become reproducible due to changes in their build-dependencies: angband blktrace code-saturne coinor-symphony device-tree-compiler mpich rtslib ruby-bcrypt ruby-bson-ext ruby-byebug ruby-cairo ruby-charlock-holmes ruby-curb ruby-dataobjects-sqlite3 ruby-escape-utils ruby-ferret ruby-ffi ruby-fusefs ruby-github-markdown ruby-god ruby-gsl ruby-hdfeos5 ruby-hiredis ruby-hitimes ruby-hpricot ruby-kgio ruby-lapack ruby-ldap ruby-libvirt ruby-libxml ruby-msgpack ruby-ncurses ruby-nfc ruby-nio4r ruby-nokogiri ruby-odbc ruby-oj ruby-ox ruby-raindrops ruby-rdiscount ruby-redcarpet ruby-redcloth ruby-rinku ruby-rjb ruby-rmagick ruby-rugged ruby-sdl ruby-serialport ruby-sqlite3 ruby-unicode ruby-yajl ruby-zoom thin
The following packages have become reproducible after being fixed:
- aft/2:5.098-3 by Robert Lemmen, #777587 by Chris Lamb.
- bbswitch/0.8-4 by Vincent Cheng, #803547 by Reiner Herrmann.
- cgal/4.8-4 by Joachim Reichel.
- gnuplot/4.6.6-4 by Anton Gladky.
- jmodeltest/2.1.10+dfsg-2 by Andreas Tille.
- kball/0.0.20041216-9 by Markus Koschany, #825588 by Reiner Herrmann.
- netmaze/0.81+jpg0.82-15 by John Goerzen, original patches by Chris Lamb (#778200) and Maria Valentina Marin (#793731).
- pacemaker/1.1.15~rc3-1 by Ferenc Wágner.
- pam/1.1.8-3.3 by Laurent Bigonville, #792127 by Juan Picca.
- plast/2.3.1+dfsg-4 by Sascha Steinbiss.
- prospector/0.11.7-7 by Daniel Stender.
- pymia/0.1.8-1 by Gert Wollny.
- python-cobra/0.4.1-2 by Sascha Steinbiss.
- python-latexcodec/1.0.3-3 by Sascha Steinbiss, #824454 by Chris Lamb.
- pyx/0.12.1-5 by Stuart Prescott, #825881 by Alexis Bienvenüe.
- rdp-readseq/2.0.2-2 by Sascha Steinbiss.
- stevedore/1.14.0-1 by Ondřej Nový.
- wise/2.4.1-18 by Sascha Steinbiss.
Some uploads have addressed some reproducibility issues, but not all of them:
- binutils/2.26-10 by Matthias Klose, #824413 by Chris Lamb.
- pyx3/0.14.1-2 by Stuart Prescott, based on #825881 by Alexis Bienvenüe.
Uploads with an unknown result because they fail to build:
- h2database/1.4.192-1 by Emmanuel Bourg, which forces a specific locale to generate documentation.
Patches submitted that have not made their way to the archive yet:
- #825764 against docbook-ebnf by Chris Lamb: sort list of globbed files.
- #825857 against python-setuptools by Anton Gladky: sort list of files in native_libs.txt.
- #825968 against epydoc by Sascha Steinbiss: traverse lists in sorted order.
- #826051 against dh-lua by Reiner Herrmann: sort list of Lua versions embedded into control file.
- #826093 against osc by Alexis Bienvenüe: use
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHfor manpage date.
- #826158 against texinfo by Alexis Bienvenü: use
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHfor dates in makeinfo output.
- #826162 against slime by Alexis Bienvenüe: sort list of contributors locale-independently.
- #826209 against fastqtl by Chris Lamb: normalize permissions and order in tarball.
- #826309 against gnupg2 by intrigeri: don’t embed hostname and timestamp into gpgv.exe.
45 reviews have been added, 25 have been updated and 25 have been removed in this week.
- New issues:
12 FTBFS bugs have been reported by Chris Lamb and Niko Tyni.
- diffoscope 53 was been released by Mattia Rizzolo, with:
- diffoscope 54 (released shortly after) to address a regression involving
--list-tools, where a syntax error prevented proper listing of all tools.
Mattia uploaded strip-nondeterminism 0.018-1 which improved support for
- Added pages with oldest logs per arch (h01ger)
- 3 new armhf hosts were added (vagrant)
- setup and maintenance jobs added (h01ger)
- 7 new builder jobs for armhf added (h01ger)
- HOME environment variation on tests.r-b.org and prebuilder (mattia), after Johannes Schauer discovered that this variation was not detected.
- 7 new package sets (for a total of 42) were added by h01ger:
- Improved rescheduling of packages in “depwait” state (h01ger)
- Use eatmydata on i386+armhf (h01ger) (doesn’t work yet; needs unreleased pbuilder features)
This week’s edition was written by Reiner Herrman, Holger Levsen and Chris Lamb and reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible builds folks on IRC.