Here’s what happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between Sunday March 5 and Saturday March 11 2017:
Verifying Software Freedom with Reproducible Builds will be presented by Vagrant Cascadian at Libreplanet2017 in Boston, March 25th.
You, too, can write reproducible software! workshop by Ximin Luo, Vagrant Cascadian and Valerie Young at Libreplanet2017 in Boston, March 25th.
Reproducible Builds Hackathon Hamburg
The Reproducible Builds Hamburg Hackathon 2017, or RB-HH-2017 for short, is a 3 day hacking event taking place in the CCC Hamburg Hackerspace located inside the Frappant, which is collective art space located in a historical monument in Hamburg, Germany.
The aim of the hackathon is to spent some days working on Reproducible Builds in every distribution and project. The event is open to anybody interested on working on Reproducible Builds issues in any distro or project, with or without prio experience!
- #856834 filed against tendermint-go-rpc.
- #856860 filed against archvsync.
- #857122 filed against python-gdata (sent upstream)
- #857313 filed against cylc.
- #857454 filed against qtltools.
Guillem Jover uploaded
dpkg1.18.23 to unstable, declaring
.buildinfoformat 1.0 as “stable”.
Jams McCoy uploaded
devscripts2.17.2 to unstable addingd support for
.buildinfofiles to the
debsignutility via patches from Ximin Luo and Guillem Jover.
Hans-Christoph Steiner noted that the first reproducibility-related patch in the Android SDK was marked as confirmed.
Reviews of unreproducible packages
39 package reviews have been added, 7 have been updated and 9 have been removed in this week, adding to our knowledge about identified issues.
2 issue types have been added:
Weekly QA work
During our reproducibility testing, FTBFS bugs have been detected and reported by:
- Chris Lamb (2)
- Chris Lamb:
- Holger Levsen:
- Hans-Christoph Steiner gave a progress report on testing F-Droid: we now have a complete vagrant workflow working in nested KVM! So we can provision a new KVM guest, then package it using
vagrant boxall inside of a KVM guest (which is a profitbricks build node). So we finally have a working setup on
jenkins.debian.net. Next up is fixing bugs in our libvirt snapshoting support.
- Then Hans-Christoph was also able to enable building of all F-Droid apps in our setup, though this is still work in progress…
- Daniel Shahaf spotted a subtile error in our FreeBSD sudoers configuration and as a result the FreeBSD reproducibility results are back.
- Holger once again adjusted the Debian armhf scheduling frequency, to cope with the ever increasing amount of armhf builds.
- Mattia spotted a refactoring error which resulted in no maintenance mails for a week.
- Holger also spent some time on improving IRC notifications further, though there is still some improvements to be made.
This week’s edition was written by Chris Lamb, Holger Levsen, Vagrant Cascadian & reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC & the mailing lists.