Here’s what happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between Sunday April 30 and Saturday May 6 2017:
Past and upcoming events
Between May 5th-7th the Reproducible Builds Hackathon 2017 took place in Hamburg, Germany.
On May 6th Mattia Rizzolo gave a talk on Reproducible Builds at DUCC-IT 17 in Vicenza, Italy.
On May 13th Chris Lamb will give a talk on Reproducible Builds at OSCAL 2017 in Tirana, Albania.
- Gunnar Wolf published an article in Spanish entitled “Construcciones Reproducibles”.
Toolchain development and fixes
Ximin updated his R patch to fix a few FTBFS and now we have 463/478 reproducible R packages. For more details, see his detailed write-up on this blog.
r-basefor our experimental toolchain for
Packages reviewed and fixed, and bugs filed
- #861608 filed against sbt.
- #861672 filed against libwibble.
- #861756 filed against pd-pdstring.
- #861770 filed against fbreader.
- #861773 filed against armagetronad.
- #861893 filed against ironic.
- #861896 filed against manila.
- #861955 filed against canna.
Reviews of unreproducible packages
93 package reviews have been added, 12 have been updated and 98 have been removed in this week, adding to our knowledge about identified issues.
The following issues have been added:
- timestamps_in_cbd_files_generated_by_canna_mkbindic toolchain issue.
- timestamps_in_manpages_created_by_libwibble toolchain issue
2 issue types have been updated:
- Add patch for timestamps_in_manpages_created_by_libwibble
- Add patch for timestamps_in_cbd_files_generated_by_canna_mkbindic
The following issues have been removed:
Weekly QA work
During our reproducibility testing, FTBFS bugs have been detected and reported by:
- Chris Lamb (3)
- Chris Lamb:
- Refactor Presenter to a singleton manager
- Drop passing has_differences around, fixing an issue with generating files called ‘-‘
- Prevent abstraction-level violation by defining visual diff support on the Presenter classes.
- Split output and configuration of presenters.
- Refactor html and text presenters so they fit the same Presenter interface.
- Bernhard M. Wiedemann:
This week’s edition was written by Chris Lamb, Holger Levsen and Ximin Luo & reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC & the mailing lists.