Here’s what happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between Sunday May 14 and Saturday May 20 2017:
News and Media coverage
- We’ve reached 94.0% reproducible packages on
testing/amd64! (NB. without build path variation)
- Maria Glukhova was interviewed on It’s FOSS about her involvement with Reproducible Builds with respect to Outreachy.
Our next IRC meeting has been scheduled for Thursday June 1 at 16:00 UTC.
Packages reviewed and fixed, bugs filed, etc.
Bernhard M. Wiedemann:
- zynaddsubfx (fixed)
- scintilla (merged)
- cryptopp (merged)
- #862553 filed against vim-command-t.
- #862588 filed against tkhtml1.
- #862592 filed against taskcoach.
- #862676 filed against mp3fs.
- #862825 filed against golang-github-pkg-profile.
- #863015 filed against jellyfish.
- #863054 filed against doxygen.
Reviews of unreproducible packages
35 package reviews have been added, 28 have been updated and 12 have been removed in this week, adding to our knowledge about identified issues.
2 issue types have been added:
- Mattia Rizzolo:
Holger wrote a new systemd-based scheduling system replacing 162 constantly running Jenkins jobs which were slowing down job execution in general:
- Nothing fancy really, just 370 lines of shell code in two scripts, out of these 370 lines 80 are comments and 162 are node definitions for those 162 “jobs”.
- Worker logs not yet as good as with Jenkins but usually we don’t need real time log viewing of specific builds. Or rather, its a waste of time to do it. (Actual package build logs remain unchanged.)
- Builds are a lot faster for the fast archs, but not so much difference on
- Since April 12 for
i386(and a week later for the rest), the images below are ordered with
i386on top, then
arm64. Except for
armhfit’s pretty visible when the switch was made.
This week’s edition was written by Chris Lamb, Holver Levsen, Bernhard M. Wiedemann, Vagrant Cascadian and Maria Glukhova & reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC & the mailing lists.