Here’s what happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between Sunday June 4 and Saturday June 10 2017:
Past and upcoming events
On June 10th, Chris Lamb presented at the Hong Kong Open Source Conference 2017 on reproducible builds.
Patches and bugs filed
Reviews of unreproducible packages
7 package reviews have been added, 10 have been updated and 14 have been removed in this week, adding to our knowledge about identified issues.
Weekly QA work
During our reproducibility testing, FTBFS bugs have been detected and reported by:
- Adrian Bunk (4)
- Chris Lamb (1)
- Christoph Biedl (1)
- Niko Tyni (1)
Two FTBFS issues of LEDE (exposed in our setup) were found and were fixed:
- build: ensure that flock is available for make download (Felix Fietkau)
- include/toplevel: set env GIT_ASKPASS=/bin/true (Alexander ‘lynxis’ Couzens)
- Chris Lamb: Some code style improvements
Alexander ‘lynxis’ Couzens made some changes for testing LEDE and OpenWrt:
- Build tar before downloading everything: On system without
tar --sort=namewe need to compile tar before downloading everything
CONFIG_AUTOREMOVEto reduce required space
- Create a workaround for signing keys: LEDE signs the release with a signing key, but generates the signing key if it’s not present. To have a reproducible release we need to take care of signing keys.
build_dirbecause the former is persistent among the two builds.
- Don’t build all packages to improve development speed for now.
- Only build one board instead of all boards. Reducing the build time improves developing speed. Once the image is reproducible we will enable more boards.
Hans-Christoph Steiner, for testing F-Droid:
- Do full
git reset/cleanlike Jenkins does
- hard code
WORKSPACEdir names, as WORKSPACE cannot be generated from
$0as it’s a temporary name.
Daniel Shahaf, for testing Debian:
- Remote scheduler:
- English fix to error message.
- Allow multiple architectures in one invocation.
- Refactor: Break out a helper function. Rename variable to disambiguate with
- Include timestamps in logs
- Set timestamps to second resolution (was millisecond by default).
Holger ‘h01ger’ Levsen, for testing Debian:
- Improvements to the breakages page:
- List broken packages and diffoscope problems first, and t.r-b.o problems last.
- Reword, drop ‘caused by’.
- Add niceness to our list of variations, running with niceness of 11 for the first build and niceness of 10 for the second one. Thanks to Vagrant for the idea.
- Automatic scheduler:
- Reschedule after 12h packages that failed with error 404
- Run scheduler every 3h instead of every 6h
- Add basic README about the infrastructure and merge Vagrants notes about his console host.
This week’s edition was written by Ximin Luo, Chris Lamb and Holger Levsen & reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC & the mailing lists.