Here’s what happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between Sunday 6th and Saturday 12th August 2017:
- There were two talks mainly about Reproducible Builds at DebConf17:
- Reproducible builds were also mentioned in many other talks including:
- Using Qubes OS from the POV of a Debian developer by Holger Levsen.
- Debian for Medical Software by André Roth.
- Let’s maintain jenkins.debian.org as a team by Holger Levsen.
- Signing package contents: why and how by Matthew Garrett.
- Bits from the DPL by Chris Lamb.
- Installing Debian by Vagrant Cascadian.
- in-toto – Securing supply chains as a whole by Lukas Puehringer.
- Debian Cloud BoF by Steve McIntyre.
- Will there be Debian in your next BMW car? by Aigars Mahinovs.
- There has also been substantial activity regarding updating the Debian Policy regarding Reproducible Builds (#844431). This work is still ongoing and will be covered in future issues of this weekly blog.
Notes about reviews of unreproducible packages
13 package reviews have been added, 7 have been updated and 34 have been removed in this week, adding to our knowledge about identified issues.
Packages reviewed and fixed, and reproducibility related bugs filed
- Adrian Bunk:
- Katsuhiko Nishimra:
- Lucas Nussbaum:
- Bernhard M. Wiedemann:
Other bugs filed
- During our reproducibility testing, Adrian Bunk filed 48 FTBFS bugs this week.
- Mattia Rizzolo:
- Chris Lamb:
the#debian-reproducible-changes` IRC channel for unreproducible -> FTBFS transitions.
squid.conffor all nodes to 5.2.23 (and fixup some).
- Enable the Munin Squid plugin on the Codethink
arm64nodes as well.
- Force reconfiguration of Apache and Munin when
- Holger worked on slides for his DebConf17 BoF about migrating to
jenkins.debian.org, which affects tests.r-b.o as well.
This week’s edition was written by Chris Lamb & Holger Levsen & reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC & the mailing lists.