Here’s what happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between Sunday January 21 and Saturday January 27 2018:
Development and fixes in key packages
dpkg(184.108.40.206.0~reproducible1) to our experimental toolchain.
cpython-3.7 now has
.pycfiles without timestamps. Most work happening in PEP 552 but older Python versions probably still need variants of the mtime patch because the new
.pycformat is not compatible.
Packages reviewed and fixed, and bugs filed
- Adrian Bunk:
- Chris Lamb:
- Bernhard M. Wiedemann:
Reviews of unreproducible packages
35 package reviews have been added, 37 have been updated and 91 have been removed in this week, adding to our knowledge about identified issues.
Weekly QA work
During our reproducibility testing, FTBFS bugs have been detected and reported by:
- Adrian Bunk (24)
- Niels Thykier (8)
- Chris Lamb:
- Report differences in extended file attributes when comparing files. #888401
- Show extended filesystem metadata (etc.) even when directly comparing two files, not just when we specify two directories. #888402
- Optionally compare JSON files using Python jsondiff module. #888112
- Explicitly depend on e2fsprogs. #887180
- Do some “fuzzy matching” to detect JSON files not named .json.
- Juliana Oliveira (parallel diffoscope work):
- Ximin Luo:
- Holger Levsen:
- Mattia Rizzolo:
This week’s edition was written by Bernhard M. Wiedemann, Chris Lamb, Mattia Rizzolo & reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC & the mailing lists.