Here’s what happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between Sunday March 4 and Saturday March 10 2018:
On Saturday 10th March, Chris Lamb presented at SCALE 16x on Reproducible Builds.
Dan Mux posted about moving away from Bazel referencing reproducibility.
Chris Lamb demonstrated that the Reproducible Builds can also find quality assurance issues, such as in todoman where a non-fatal missing build-dependency was causing the output to be unreproducibile.
The Yocto project’s feature page lists “Binary Reproducibility” as their number one feature.
diffoscope is our in-depth and content-aware diff utility that can locate and diagnose reproducibility issues.
Mattia Rizzolo backported version 91 to the Debian backports repository.
- Chris Lamb:
- Mattia Rizzolo:
In addition, Juliana — our Outreachy intern — continued her work on parallel processing.
- Adrian Bunk:
- Bernhard M. Wiedemann:
- python-datrie (sort readdir(2))
- yubioath-desktop (sort
- mango-doc (date, orphaned)
- lilypond (
- perl-Glib (update => fixes
- fbreader (filed upstream: 1, 2 & 3)
- yudit (
- python-pycryptopp (sort
- autogen (compile-time benchmarking,
- Chris Lamb:
- #892019 filed against python-meshio.
- #892020 filed against python-diskimage-builder.
- #892021 filed against kronosnet.
- #892419 filed against gnocchi (upstream).
- #892420 filed against nova (nova).
- #892425 filed against node-package-preamble .
- #892496 filed against yt.
- #892515 filed against meson (upstream).
- #892565 filed against codespell.
In addition, package reviews have been added, 44 have been updated and 26 have been removed in this week, adding to our knowledge about identified issues.
Lastly, two issue classification types have been added:
- nondeterminstic_output_in_pkgconfig_files_generated_by_meson (patch sent upstream)
- timestamps_in_preamble_generated_by_node_package_preamble (patch sent upstream)
- Hans-Christoph Steiner (F-Droid):
- Holger Levsen (F-Droid:)
Weekly QA work
During our reproducibility testing, FTBFS bugs have been detected and reported by:
- Adrian Bunk (49)
- Antonio Terceiro (1)
- James Cowgill (1)
- Ole Streicher (1)
This week’s edition was written by Bernhard M. Wiedemann, Chris Lamb, Holger Levsen, Mattia Rizzolo & reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC & the mailing lists.