What happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between May 15th and May 21st 2016:
Blog posts from our GSoC and Outreachy contributors:
- Val’s first post describing her plans for improving tests.reproducible-builds.org.
- ceridwen’s first post describing her plans for reprotest, the universal reproducibility testing tool.
- Scarlett’s and Satyam’s first posts were linked in previous week’s report already.
Ximin Luo clarified instructions on how to set
- Joao Eriberto Mota Filho uploaded txt2man/1.5.6-4, which honours
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHto generate reproducible manpages (#790801 by Reiner Herrmann).
- Dmitry Shachnev uploaded sphinx/1.4.1-1 to experimental with improved support for
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH(#820895 by Alexis Bienvenüe).
- Emmanuel Bourg submitted a patch against debhelper to use a fixed username while building ant packages.
Other upstream fixes
- Doxygen merged a patch by Ximin Luo, which uses UTC as timezone for embedded timestamps.
- CMake applied a patch by Reiner Herrmann in their
nextbranch, which sorts file lists obtained with
- GNU tar 1.29 with support for
--clamp-mtimehas been released upstream, closing #816072, which was the blocker for #759886 “dpkg-dev: please make mtimes of packaged files deterministic” which we now hope will be closed soon.
The following 18 packages have become reproducible due to changes in their build dependencies: abiword angband apt-listbugs asn1c bacula-doc bittornado cdbackup fenix gap-autpgrp gerbv jboss-logging-tools invokebinder modplugtools objenesis pmw r-cran-rniftilib x-loader zsnes
The following packages have become reproducible after being fixed:
- ball/1.4.3~beta1-1 by Andreas Tille.
- chrony/2.3-1 by Vincent Blut, #820226 by Alexis Bienvenüe.
- corosync/2.3.5-7 by Ferenc Wágner.
- gap-ctbllib/1r2p2.dfsg.0-3 by Bill Allombert, #824569 by Alexis Bienvenüe.
- kdiff3/0.9.98-3 by Eike Sauer.
- netcdf-cxx/4.3.0+ds-3 by Bas Couwenberg.
- netcdf-fortran/4.4.4+ds-2 by Bas Couwenberg.
- primesieve/5.6.0+ds-2 by Jerome Benoit.
- ray/2.3.1-4 by Sascha Steinbiss.
- rocksdb/4.5.1-1 by Laszlo Boszormenyi, #814214 by Chris Lamb.
- shapelib/1.3.0-8 by Bas Couwenberg.
- swift/2.7.0-3 by Ondřej Nový.
- t-coffee/11.00.8cbe486-3 by Sascha Steinbiss.
- webkit2pdf/0.3-2 by Ricardo Mones, #786633 by Reiner Herrmann.
- wise/2.4.1-18 by Sascha Steinbiss.
Some uploads have fixed some reproducibility issues, but not all of them:
- bzr/2.7.0-6 by Jelmer Vernooĳ.
- libsdl2/2.0.4+dfsg2-1 by Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo.
- pvm/3.4.5-13 by James Clarke.
- refpolicy/2:2.20140421-11 by Laurent Bigonville.
- subvertpy/0.9.3-4 by Jelmer Vernooĳ.
Patches submitted that have not made their way to the archive yet:
- #824413 against binutils by Chris Lamb: filter build user and date from test log case-insensitively
- #824452 against python-certbot by Chris Lamb: prevent PID from being embedded into documentation (forwarded upstream)
- #824453 against gtk-gnutella by Chris Lamb: use
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHfor deterministic timestamp (merged upstream)
- #824454 against python-latexcodec by Chris Lamb: fix for parsing the changelog date
- #824472 against torch3 by Alexis Bienvenüe: sort object files while linking
- #824501 against cclive by Alexis Bienvenüe: use
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHas embedded build date
- #824567 against tkdesk by Alexis Bienvenüe: sort order of files which are parsed by mkindex script
- #824592 against twitter-bootstrap by Alexis Bienvenüe: use shell-independent printing
- #824639 against openblas by Alexis Bienvenüe: sort object files while linking
- #824653 against elkcode by Alexis Bienvenüe: sort list of files locale-independently
- #824668 against gmt by Alexis Bienvenüe: use
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHfor embedded timestamp (similar patch by Bas Couwenberg already applied and forwarded upstream)
- #824808 against gdal by Alexis Bienvenüe: sort object files while linking
- #824951 against libtomcrypt by Reiner Herrmann: use
SOURCE_DATE_EPOCHfor timestamp embedded into metadata
Reproducibility-related bugs filed:
- #824420 against python-phply by ceridwen: parsetab.py file is not included when building with
- #824572 against dpkg-dev by XImin Luo: request to export
51 reviews have been added, 19 have been updated and 15 have been removed in this week.
- Two new issues have been found:
22 FTBFS bugs have been reported by Chris Lamb, Santiago Vila, Niko Tyni and Daniel Schepler.
- Icons have been added to the package test history pages (h01ger).
- Test performance and variation pages have been splitted out of the dashboard view (h01ger).
- A new pkg set has been added: packages maintained by email@example.com (h01ger).
- The preliminary results for testing have improved further:
- testing/amd64 has 20944 / 90.2% reproducible packages now,
- testing/i386 has reached 20013 / 86.3% reproducible packages,
- testing/armhf has come close with 19951 / 86.0%.
- During the discussion on debian-devel about PIE, an archive rebuild was suggested by Bálint Réczey, and Holger Levsen suggested to coordinate this with a required archive rebuild for reproducible builds.
- Ximin Luo improved misc.git/reports (=the tools to help writing the weekly statistics for this blog) quite a bit, h01ger contributed a little too.
This week’s edition was written by Reiner Herrmann and Holger Levsen and reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible builds folks on IRC.