What happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between Sunday August 28 and Saturday September 3 2016:
Antonio Terceiro blogged about testing build reprodubility with debrepro .
GSoC and Outreachy updates
The next round is being planned now: see their page with a timeline and participating organizations listing.
Maybe you want to participate this time? Then please reach out to us as soon as possible!
Packages reviewed and fixed, and bugs filed
The following packages have addressed reproducibility issues in other packages:
The following updated packages have become reproducible in our current test setup after being fixed:
- check-all-the-things/2016.09.03 by Paul Wise, #829297 by Chris Lamb.
- e2fsprogs/1.43.2-2 by Theodore Y. Ts’o.
- gnupg1/1.4.21-1 by Daniel Kahn Gillmor, #834755 by Chris Lamb.
- gnupg2/2.1.15-2 by Daniel Kahn Gillmor.
- inform6-compiler/6.33-2 by Ben Finney.
- libhat-trie/0.0~git25f9e946-2 by Sascha Steinbiss.
- mrd6/0.9.6-13 by Thomas Preud’homme, #829765 by Reiner Herrmann.
- safecat/1.13-3 by Teemu Hukkanen, #829720 by Reiner Herrmann.
- shibboleth-sp2/2.6.0+dfsg1-1 by Ferenc Wágner.
- sweethome3d-furniture-editor/1.15-2 by Markus Koschany, #776873 by Reiner Herrmann.
- traceroute/1:2.1.0-2 by Laszlo Boszormenyi, #826431 by Reiner Herrmann.
- wise/2.4.1-19 by Sascha Steinbiss.
- xmltooling/1.6.0-2 by Ferenc Wágner.
The following updated packages appear to be reproducible now, for reasons we were not able to figure out yet. (Relevant changelogs did not mention reproducible builds.)
- comitup/0.5-1 by David Steele.
- dita-ot/1.5.3-2 by Mathieu Malaterre.
- dput/0.10.2 by Ben Finney.
- gnome-settings-daemon/3.21.90-2 by Michael Biebl.
- libkf5kipi/4:16.08.0-1 by Pino Toscano.
- libmpc/2:0.1~r475-2 by James Cowgill.
- taurus/4.0.1+dfsg-1 by Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel.
- tcpwatch-httpproxy/1.3.1-2 by Toni Mueller.
The following 4 packages were not changed, but have become reproducible due to changes in their build-dependencies:
Some uploads have addressed some reproducibility issues, but not all of them:
- amanda/1:3.3.9-1 by Jose M Calhariz.
- dispcalgui/126.96.36.199-2 by Christian Marillat, #835371 by Chris Lamb.
- fastqtl/2.184+dfsg-4 by Dylan Aïssi.
- grass/7.0.5~rc1-1~exp1 by Bas Couwenberg.
- kdevplatform/5.0-1 by Pino Toscano, #815962 by Scarlett Clark.
- leveldb/1.19-1 by Alessio Treglia.
- libdevel-cover-perl/1.23-2 by gregor herrmann, #835871 by Chris Lamb.
- linux/4.7.2-1 by Ben Hutchings, #830268 by Reiner Herrmann.
- lmms/1.1.3-4 by Javier Serrano.
- mayavi2/4.4.3-2.2 by Anton Gladky.
- opensaml2/2.6.0-2 by Ferenc Wágner.
- perl/5.22.2-4 by Dominic Hargreaves, #834190 and #835815 by Chris Lamb.
- radare2/0.10.5+dfsg-1 by Sebastian Reichel, #835262 by Chris Lamb.
- splint/3.1.2.dfsg1-3 by Raphaël Hertzog, #797254 by Chris Lamb.
Patches submitted that have not made their way to the archive yet:
- #835673 filed against dacs by Chris Lamb.
- #835805 filed against dh-python by Chris Lamb.
- #835985 filed against nmh by Chris Lamb.
- #836609 filed against nostalgy by Chris Lamb.
- #835807 filed against pygtksourceview by Chris Lamb.
- #836004 filed against python-gflags by Chris Lamb.
- #835816 filed against rt-extension-customfieldsonupdate by Chris Lamb.
- #835834 filed against ruby-compass by Chris Lamb.
- #836605 filed against torque by Chris Lamb.
- #833176 filed against trafficserver by Reiner Herrmann.
Reviews of unreproducible packages
706 package reviews have been added, 22 have been updated and 16 have been removed in this week, adding to our knowledge about identified issues.
5 issue types have been added:
1 issue type has been updated:
Weekly QA work
FTBFS bugs have been reported by:
- Chris Lamb (8)
- Lucas Nussbaum (3)
diffoscope development on the next version (
60) continued in
in contributions from:
- Mattia Rizzolo:
- Better and more thorough testing
- Improvements to packaging
- Improvements to the ppu comparator
Mattia Rizzolo uploaded strip-nondeterminism
A new version of strip-nondeterminism
0.024-1 was uploaded to unstable by
Chris Lamb. It included
- Chris Lamb:
- Improve code quality of zip, jar, ar, png processors
- AYANOKOUZI, Ryuunosuke:
- Preserve file attribute information of target file (#836075)
Debian: We now vary the GECOS records of the two build users. Thanks to Paul Wise for providing the patch.
This week’s edition was written by Ximin Luo, Holger Levsen & Chris Lamb and reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC.