Here’s what happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between Sunday February 5 and Saturday February 11 2017:
Holger proposed a hackathon with various possible dates – please reply with your preferred dates!
“Reproducible builds: Status update” CfP submitted for Debconf17 in Montreal.
Patches sent upstream
- pnmixer (Chris Lamb)
- cloud-sptheme (Chris Lamb)
- python-hypothesis (Chris Lamb)
- cython (Jelmer Vernooĳ)
Packages reviewed and fixed, and bugs filed
- #854332 filed against cloud-sptheme.
- #854512 filed against ftpcopy.
- #854549 filed against python-hypothesis.
- #854293 filed against manpages-tr.
- #854294 filed against regina-rexx.
- #854362 filed against fonts-uralic.
Reviews of unreproducible packages
83 package reviews have been added, 8 have been updated and 32 have been removed in this week, adding to our knowledge about identified issues.
5 issue types have been added:
1 issue type has been updated:
Weekly QA work
During our reproducibility testing, the following FTBFS bugs have been detected and reported by:
- Chris Lamb (7)
- gregory bahde (1)
diffoscope versions 71, 72, 73, 74 & 75 were uploaded to unstable by Chris Lamb:
- Chris Lamb:
- New features:
- Bug fixes:
- Fix errors when comparing directories with non-directories. (Closes: #835641)
- Clean all temp files in signal handler thread instead of attempting to bubble exception back to the main thread. (Closes: #852013)
- Correct logic of module_exists, ensuring we correctly skip tests when python3-debian is not installed. (Closes: #854745)
- Extract archive members using an auto-incrementing integer, avoiding the need to sanitise filenames. (Closes: #854723)
- Importing submodules (ie.
parent.child) will attempt to import
parentso we must catch that. (Closes: #854670)
- Add missing Recommends for comparators. (Closes: #854655)
- Device and RPM fallback comparisons needs xxd due to fixtures. (Closes: #854593)
- Fix behaviour of setting report maximums to zero (ie. no limits)
- Mattia Rizzolo:
- Holger Levsen:
- Ximin Luo:
- Brett Smith:
strip-nondeterminism 0.030-1 was uploaded to unstable by Chris Lamb:
- Print log entry when fixing a file. (Closes: #777239)
- dh_strip_nondeterminism: Use error() from Dh_Lib.pm over manual die().
- Joshua Lock:
This week’s edition was written by Chris Lamb & reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC & the mailing lists.