What happened in the Reproducible Builds effort between Sunday October 30 and Saturday November 5 2016:
Chris Lamb and Holger Levsen will be presenting at MiniDebConfCambridge 2016 in Cambridge, United Kingdom on November 10th-13th.
Vagrant Cascadian will be presenting Introduction to Reproducible Builds at the SeaGL.org Conference in Seattle, USA on November 12th.
The next IRC meeting will be held on November 15th.
Reproducible Debian Hackathon - A small hackathon organized in Boston, USA on December 3rd and 4th. If you are interested in attending, please contact Valerie Young (spectranaut in the #debian-reproducible IRC channel on irc.oftc.net.)
The second Reproducible Builds World Summit will be held in Berlin, Germany on December 13th-15th.
Reproducible work in other projects
Patches to GCC to generate reproducible output independently of the build-path were submitted by Ximin Luo.
- #842864 filed against aewan by Reiner Herrmann.
- #842865 filed against atanks by Reiner Herrmann.
- #842867 filed against i3status by Reiner Herrmann.
- #842868 filed against gip by Reiner Herrmann.
- #842875 filed against lastpass-cli by Reiner Herrmann.
- #842986 filed against zathura-pdf-poppler by Reiner Herrmann.
- #842988 filed against masscan by Reiner Herrmann.
- #842991 filed against python-axolotl-curve25519 by Reiner Herrmann.
- #842992 filed against pyephem by Reiner Herrmann.
- #843097 filed against spacenavd by Reiner Herrmann.
- #843100 filed against python-clips by Reiner Herrmann.
- #843101 filed against python-hiredis by Reiner Herrmann.
- #843109 filed against zathura-ps by Reiner Herrmann.
- #843110 filed against greenbone-security-assistant by Reiner Herrmann.
- #843234 filed against vdr-plugin-sudoku by Reiner Herrmann.
- #843235 filed against vdr-plugin-spider by Reiner Herrmann.
- #843245 filed against distorm3 by Reiner Herrmann.
Reviews of unreproducible packages
81 package reviews have been added, 14 have been updated and 43 have been removed in this week, adding to our knowledge about identified issues.
3 issue types have been updated:
1 issue type has been removed:
1 issue type has been updated:
Weekly QA work
During of reproducibility testing, some FTBFS bugs have been detected and reported by:
- Chris Lamb (17)
diffoscope 62 was uploaded to unstable by Mattia Rizzolo:
- Add rudimentary support for OpenDocumentFormat files. (Michel Messerschmidt)
- Detect JSON order-only differences and print them nicely. (Mattia Rizzolo)
Chris Lamb continued work on our proof-of-concept
- With thanks to Profitbricks continued sponsorship, Holger setup two new amd64 build nodes (and the associated Jenkins jobs) with 15/16 cores and 48GB RAM each for a total of four such amd64 nodes to double the build capacity of our amd64 build network.
Also with thanks to Profitbricks sponsoring the “hardware” resources, Holger created a 13 core machine with 24GB RAM and 100GB SSD based storage so that Ximin can do further tests and development on GCC and other software on a fast machine.
This week’s edition was written by Chris Lamb, Ximin Luo, Vagrant Cascadian, Holger Levsen and reviewed by a bunch of Reproducible Builds folks on IRC.