When: October 31st, November 1st-2nd 2023.
What: Three days to continue the grow of the Reproducible Builds effort.
As a follow up to the six previous reproducible builds workshops in Athens 2015, Berlin 2016, Berlin 2017, Paris 2018, Marrakech 2019 and Venice 2022 the reproducible builds folks will meet again! And just like previous years, the heart of the workshop are three days of moderated sessions with the goals outlined just below.
dock europe e.V. Bodenstedtstr. 16
As previously, the exact content of the meeting will be shaped by the participants, these are our main goals as organizers:
- Physically meet each other after such a long time! ;-)
- Update & exchange about the status of reproducible builds in various projects.
- Improve collaboration both between and inside projects.
- Expand the scope and reach of reproducible builds to more projects.
- Establish space for more strategic and long-term thinking than is possible in virtual channels.
- Brainstorm designs on tools enabling users to get the most benefits from reproducible builds.
- Work together and hack on solutions.
- Discuss how reproducible builds will be usable and meaningful to users and developers alike.
There will be a huge variety of topics to be discussed. To give a few examples:
- continuing design and development work on .buildinfo infrastructure
- build-path issues everywhere
- future directions for diffoscope, reprotest & strip-nondeterminism
- discussing formats and tools we can share
- sharing proposals for standards and documentation helpful to spreading the reproducible effort
- and many many more.
The event took will take place at place at dock europe e.V. in Hamburg Altona, Germany. We will soon add more information about the location, for now we advise to have a look at dock europe's webpage.
Participation costs and financial support
Attendance to the summit is free of charge!
If you are attending on behalf of your company, corporate registration is available, please contact us if you are interested in that!
We are working to confirm sponsors to support the event, who will offset the shared expenses for everybody (meeting room, stationary, meals, ...). If you or your company/organization can help out, please reach out to us.
In an effort to maximize inclusion and expand the diversity of the community, we are offering additional travel support on a case by case basis. We invite first-time attendees and those in financial need to apply for travel funding. We also invite people from groups traditionally underrepresented in free software to apply for travel funding, including:
- Women (cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people.
- Individuals from Latin America, Africa, South Asia and Southeast Asia.
- Anyone who is subject to systemic bias or discrimination, and impacted by under-representation in free software. Please email us and let us know what kind of diverse perspective you will bring to the conference.
To be organized by the attendees while there.
Code of Conduct
The organisers are committed to providing an event where all participants feel safe. Attendees are expected to treat all people with respect and help create a welcoming environment. If you notice behaviour that fails to meet this standard, please speak up (aloud or in private to the organisers).
Organized by& Holger, Vagrant, Chris and Mattia
We are welcoming sponsors for this event! Please contact us if you want to support this event.
Travel and getting there
We expect most of our attendees to not need a visa to enter Germany.
See the website from The Federal Foreign Office to verify whether you need one.
Contact the organization team if you need help with getting a visa processed.
Travel to Hamburg and the venue
The nearest airport is Hamburg Airport
from which there is a direct subway connection to Hamburg Altona. Hamburg Altona is also
an ICE train station with trains to/from Berlin, Kopenhagen, Munich, Prague, Vienna and Zurich, besides many other places.
This being Hamburg, of course you can also reach us by sea!
Registration for attending this event has not yet begun and eventually will be done by sending a short email to the organizers, expressing that you want to attend and possible shortly stating your involvement or other reasons why.
Follow us on Twitter @ReproBuilds, Mastodon @firstname.lastname@example.org & Reddit and please consider making a donation. • Content licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0, style licensed under MIT. Templates and styles based on the Tor Styleguide. Logos and trademarks belong to their respective owners. • Patches for this website welcome via our Git repository (instructions) or via our mailing list. • Full contact info