- set by a build-tool
- for mapping build paths
- honoured by GCC and every build tool that generates build-paths
- how to support multiple mappings
one or multiple mappings?
- multiple is better, allows for more intuitive overrides by child processes
env variable preferred over cli
separator character, space or newline?
how to apply the mappings when eventually set?
- multiple ordered mappings, child build processes append to this map (to the end)
- child build tools apply the mapping last to first
the exact format of the envvar
- expressings multiple paths into a single string is hard
- “common things easy, uncommon things possible”
- (infinity0, doko) research passing newlines through shell, m4, autoconf
- look how gdb parse and loads symbol paths to source code paths
Follow us on Twitter @ReproBuilds, Mastodon @email@example.com & Reddit and please consider making a donation. • Content licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0, style licensed under MIT. Templates and styles based on the Tor Styleguide. Logos and trademarks belong to their respective owners. • Patches welcome via our Git repository (instructions) or via our mailing list. • Full contact info