50-minute + 10-minute session on day 2
Use cases for sharing notes:
- For toolchain developers: what am I breaking.
- For leaf software developers: what’s wrong with my code.
- For distributions developers: check out the status and history on other distributions and comparing.
We should keep it streamlined, like keep it in git as the Debian project is currently doing.
YAML seems to be cool for everybody.
- They can be fixed in different ways.
- They can be distro-specific.
- They can be implementation-specific.
It would be handy to have meta-issues.
- Link to example patches and keep old issues.
Linking packages between distros:
- CPE (from CVE stuff)
- distromatch (currently abandoned)
Maintaining the notes:
- We need a format where we can separate “upstream” issues, distro-specific issues, distro-specific versions, etc.
- Different distros might have different way to fix issues.
For Debian, moving remaining stuff from the wiki to the notes. (→ lamby)
issue: url: description: distro: debian: state: fixed comment: | package: distros: debian: issues: - issues1 - issue2 / free text # ← fixed issue comments: bugs:  version: freebsd: version: bugs:  comments: bugs:  issues: