- set by a build-tool
- for mapping build paths
- honoured by GCC and every build tool that generates build-paths
- how to support multiple mappings
one or multiple mappings?
- multiple is better, allows for more intuitive overrides by child processes
env variable preferred over cli
separator character, space or newline?
how to apply the mappings when eventually set?
- multiple ordered mappings, child build processes append to this map (to the end)
- child build tools apply the mapping last to first
the exact format of the envvar
- expressings multiple paths into a single string is hard
- “common things easy, uncommon things possible”
- (infinity0, doko) research passing newlines through shell, m4, autoconf
- look how gdb parse and loads symbol paths to source code paths
Follow us on Twitter @ReproBuilds and please consider making a donation. Content licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0, style licensed under MIT. Templates and styles based on the Tor Styleguide. Logos and trademarks belong to their respective owners. Patches welcome via our Git repository (instructions) or via our mailing list.